Advanced Mouse Genetics
This course explores more complex genetics topics, including multiple allele crosses, complex disease models and will inform breeding strategies and experimental design rather than give a complete guide to the molecular biology. Our team of experienced trainers will support you to examine how different modification lead to different breeding strategies, the importance of genetic consistency and integrity, different modes of inheritance and troubleshooting of reproducibility.
Who is this for?
- Senior animal technicians
- Colony managers
After the course, you will be able to:
- Understand the foundations of mouse genetics and its use in biomedical research
- Have a working knowledge of the genetic background of mouse strains
- Understand how to maintain the genetic integrity of inbred lines
- Predict the outcomes of genetic crosses involving multiple alleles
- Understand the fundamentals of different methods that give rise to Genetically Altered mice strains
- Understand how Genetically Altered lines can be established from modern transgenic technologies
- Troubleshoot breeding and colony maintenance issues
- Nomenclature and access to international mouse resources
Since taking the course last spring I took your advice and have changed the way I am breeding to maintain our colony. This has a huge positive impact on not only the amount of cages in use, cost savings including genotyping, but of course also the 3Rs.
20th Mar 2019
Thank you for the course. It absolutely answered the areas I was looking to know more about. Your in depth knowledge and expertise shone through. Plus, the course delivery was very engaging. I will definitely be recommending the course to my colleagues.
24th Oct 2019
I just wanted to say thank you for the course and it was a pleasure to meet you both. We found the course very useful and informative.
24th Oct 2019